Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays: Chapters 24-28

Questions by Irresistible Reads
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic.  Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell.  Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?

I tend to think no. This is one of those basic things your mom teaches you as soon as you can understand language. Always look before you cross the street. Don't get into cars with strangers. Don't ingest strange substances given to you by creepy Medieval men. 


2.  Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them.  But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win.  Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?

She probably took an unnecessary risk. But she did show her strength--at archery and her backbone--when she refused to be cowed. I like that about her. I think I might like her more than Gabi. Sometimes I think Gabi needs to think through the ramifications of her decisions in a Medieval world more. Lia is a little meeker, but more thoughtful about her actions. So even if it was unnecessary, it was a fun "girl power" moment for Lia!


 3.  When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth.  Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her.  Do you think this is believable?  What would you have done if you were Marcello?

I love Marcello's words when they separate at the tomb. Something like, "Come back to me, because I will be waiting." What devotion! He doesn't even know when or if she can/will come back... yet he's basically giving her his entire future. I think Gabi has proved enough that she's from another time and he has enough evidence to believe her. They seem to be a superstitious people back then, so they are probably more willing to believe in the unbelievable. 


4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home.  Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?

Yes, she'll return to him! There wouldn't be two subsequent books if she didn't. And I don't think Cascade and Torrent consist of her pining away for Marcello in 2011. I don't think I'd return. It's hard for me to imagine being so head-over-heels for someone after two weeks that I'd drastically alter my entire world for them. I wouldn't have done that for my husband after two weeks of dating, so I doubt I'd do that for a Medieval guy, no matter how hunky he was. And I would miss my family too much!... and indoor plumbing, deodorant, electricity, antibiotics, air-conditioning...



5.  Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment? 
 
Everyone will say the kisses. Woooo, can LTB write a great kissing scene! I kinda wanna go find my hubby right now for a good kiss. :) But, I'm gonna go with Luca as my favorite moment, even though he's a man, not a moment. He makes me laugh... and I um, love him. He's as hunky as Marcello and funny, to boot! 

19 comments:

Amy @ bookgoonie said...

I totally dig Luca (come on Lia). My daughter just started the book & she thought he was creepy at the beginning. I told her to give it time.

http://t.co/0T11pBCK

rachelkiwi said...

Luca, creepy? keep reading, Amy's daughter. I defy you not to love him! ;)

Julie said...

Oh yes! Luca! I love a man that can make me laugh! I totally loved when Marcello told Gabi to come back to him and he would be waiting. Soooo romantic! But I agree, there is no way I would go back! Great answers!

Lisa said...

I love that Lia stood up for herself and didn't let that jerk win. She seemed a little meek to me up to this point and now she really emerged as a strong and willful lady.

I also agree that my favorite thing was Luca!

Rebecca (RivkaBelle) said...

hehe, Luca as a moment...Ya know, that kinda actually really fits him? He does make me laugh - and he's a sweet guy. If he were the star, and there wasn't a Marcello in the picture, man... ;o)

Melissa said...

I don't think I'd go back either...but if I did...it would be for Luca!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Faith Hope Cherrytea said...

i so remember telling my kids, " Don't ingest strange substances given to you by creepy Medieval men." and sooo glad they remembered the advice! =) too FunNy ! thanks for your FuN answers =)...

Jenny said...

"Don't ingest strange substances given to you by creepy Medieval men."

Words to live by really:) And I'm completely in love with Luca as well, I'm really hoping we get a Luca/Lia story!

Missie said...

"Don't ingest strange substances given to you by creepy Medieval men."

hahaha Rachel! All your answers made me LOL!

Luca's humor (like yours) was pretty charming, eh?!

Thanks for doing WW with us!

YA Book Queen said...

#1 - exactly!! ;)

And yay for being a fellow Luca fan! He's awesome :D

thelibrarianreads said...

I totally agree with the Luca love. I would have chosen him over Marcello any day.

And I gotta say, I never knew your mom was so worried about creepy medieval men...Mama Kiwi has to share some of her stories with me some day, lol.

Hate you just a little bit that you already started book two! I can't do it for another week or so...txt me about how good it all is!

Tina said...

Awww- I love Luca too- I think he's kind of a backseat hero right now, but I know Lisa is going to rock his story someday...:D

Thanks for joining in this week!!

Serena Chase said...

So nice someone (s) like the Luca moments as much as I do. I want to see more of him. (the shirt is optional.) Did I say that? Yes I did, tee hee! But, I'd also like to HEAR more of him. Like Lia, I go for the funny guy -- but I gave up a chance to study the Bard in England when first dating him because I didn't think I could LIVE w/out talking to him for 3 whole weeks. A lifetime apart, always wondering "what if"? Not if I can help it! (although, since I ended up marrying him, I would've liked that trip... in retrospect. LOL)

rachelkiwi said...

haha, serena, you are bad and i like it.

madame librarian, no need to hate. just give up a little of your self control and start reading!

My keeper shelf said...

Ohhh there's a lot of love for Luca going on, and I have always always followed the rule of not ingesting strange substances given to you by creepy medieval men. Lol.

Jen (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) said...

Don't ingest strange substances given to you by creepy Medieval men. LMAO! That was awesome and so true.

I'm totally for girl power!

I waver back and forth between Marcello and Luca. I love Luca's personality, but I love so much about Luca, too. I really hope that in the fourth book we see a lot more of the deeper and serious side of Luca because while I love his comedic joking side most of all, I want to see him romance Lia! :D

Aylee said...

Agreed about Luca! I liked him even more than Marcello.

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

Love, like the others, the correlation of medieval medicine taking to getting into cars with strangers...Cracked. Me. Up. And still reeling from the idea that anyone thought Luca was creepy! That's a first! Ah, well, there you go. Reading is ALWAYS a subjective practice. Thanks for diving into the River with us!

BURIED IN BOOKS said...

I'd have left this world for my hubby in two weeks. I knew after the first date I was going to marry him. He took me to a comedy club first so that we were relaxed and after we went to a night club. We danced and laughed and talked and he's never stopped making me laughing. He's my Luca. Nothing like a man that can make you laugh to get you through the rough spots!

Heather