Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish
This is decidedly un-Thanksgiving-like. I'm not bringing these authors together to munch on turkey and sweet potatoes for camaraderie and discussion. My purpose is more sinister, because, see, there are things I want to know. I will ditch my normal sweet disposition and I will engage in coercion, blackmail, entrapment, and extortion to get what I want. I don't know what these words mean, but I love how they toss them around on cop shows and legal dramas. I've scoured my shelves (and cemeteries) to select the authors with whom I have some unfinished business. So watch out, Diana Gabaldon, I'm coming for YOU!
1. Diana Gabaldon: Please send me an advanced reading copy of Outlander #8. Like soon. As in, my birthday is December 9. Thanks. And please write William a good love interest. I feel bad for him. He's lonely.
2. Maggie Stiefvater: You're AWESOME! Now, write adult fiction. Also, be my friend.
3. Emily Bronte: Why do you have such a sick mind? Aren't you supposed to be a meek spinster? And how do you know so much about passion... did you have a Heathcliff of your own? You can come clean with me. I can keep a juicy secret.
4. Anya Seton: How come smoking was cool in the 50s and it's not anymore? Oh wait, I know that answer. It kills you and it's dumb. But man, you rock that cigarette, lady.
5. Margaret Mitchell: Tell me fast, I can't handle it... Does Scarlett get Rhett back? But wait, don't tell me if it's not the answer I wanna hear, Peg!
6. Suzanne Collins: How could you? How could Katniss end up with *SPOILER ALERT* Peeta? Gale all the way, baby.
7. Jennifer Donnelly: More like The Winter Rose, please. Dig that Sid Malone.
8. William Shakespeare: So did you write everything that is credited to you? Good, I thought so.
9. Stephenie Meyer. Write something else please. Loved The Host.
10. J.K. Rowling: You're awesome, too. Please grab the tab. Thanks.